Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday 27 November 2008

KK


So it's that time of year again, I've signed up for two Kris Kringle/Secret Santa with the forums I frequent. It may seem quite sad but I quite look forward to these KK's as I don't receive other gifts on Christmastime apart from my Mother. I receive some from my Sister who is only 16 hence chances are it was bought by my Mother too. Mr does not buy gifts without me basically writing up a list and you'd be lucky if he actually goes out and buys it without me. He seems to think that because I'm able to purchase anything I want anytime I want...well why does he have to buy something specially for Christmas?

Whilst this definitely saddens me his parents did things very differently and basically did not celebrate Christmas nor Birthdays hence he doesn't get what the big deal is of the whole event, I find it quite sad, I think of all the wonderful memories I've been lucky to have as a child and wonder how it's possible for any child to go without those same memories, excitement and overall celebration atmosphere. 

Anyway, back to KK. I was asked to give hints/tips/ideas to my KK so that they can purchase a gift more suitable for me. I never found myself to be a person that was hard to buy for but I suppose in this day and age, with a $20-$30 limit and postage costs to consider it's not that easy. So here is what I came up with...

Hobbies:- 
  • Scrapbooking
  • Reading
  • Folk Art/Ceramic Painting
  • Shopping
Likes/Dislikes
  • I probably would prefer to purchase makeup + skincare + clothing + perfume for myself just because it's a more personal thing and hence it's quite hard to choose for me, I have trouble finding stuff in this department for myself so imagine a stranger doing so?
  • I love all types of books including non-fiction (home interior + self-help + finance + biography + crafts) and fiction (chic-lit and top 100 listings).
  • I also thoroughly enjoy magazines and love; Real Weddings + Real Living + Home Beautiful + House & Garden + Shop til you Drop + Money + Macworld just to name a few.
  • I love all quirky things and cutesy things that I probably wouldn't purchase myself because I'd feel it's a waste of money.
  • I love momiji dolls and their accessories as well as geisha dolls and other Asian-inspired as well as classic homewares.
  • I'm a handbag lover, that's my accessory addiction and I don't wear accessories in terms of jewelry because they discolour on me so I have my set gold pieces that I wear daily.
  • I don't cook but bake cupcakes + cookies + cakes and like any cute pieces for baking.
Wishlist - Whilst this is certainly not an indication of what I would expect my KK to spend on me, by showing my wish list maybe it'll give more of an indication of who I am as a person.
  • Subscriptions to any of those magazines listed above
  • Any Pandora/Chamilia Charms
  • Momiji or any cute makeup/cosmetic bag
  • Any organisational stuff for my personal study at home and/or the home in general from Kikki-K/Smiggle and/or other stationery stores
  • Oroton or any nice Diary/Agenda
  • Books + Books and more Books
For now that's all I can think of. I do hope I've given some sort of indication on who I am as a person but regardless I am happy with whatever I get :D

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.