Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 10 April 2013

Author Interview & Review ~ The Beast Within by Jonathan Yanez


Author Interview


What was your inspiration for the world creation in The Beast Within? 

I think some of the best stories are ones that could be real and make the reader think how far the book could be from the truth. Blurring the lines between reality and fantasy. So I chose to pick a setting we all know well, our own.  

If you were stranded on an island and can only take one of your characters from The Beast Within, who would it be and why? 

Wow, this is a great question and one I have never thought about. I guess I would take Lu, his sarcasm would help break up the long days and he's strong enough to crack coconuts with one hand.  

Is The Beast Within a standalone novel or is it going to be a series? 

Thanks to Limitless Publishing it is set to be a series. 

As a child you had a lot of extra-curricular activities, which of these have you still maintained as an adult? 

Sports and exercise have been a constant in my life. I'm a personal trainer now and up until just a few years ago I played football in a city league, until I dislocated my shoulder and collar bone and I had to face the cold hard truth that I'm not 21 anymore. 

Your quite a musical child and played saxophone and piano, which is your favourite instrument and do you still play it today? 

I loved them both but now in hindsight I think I enjoyed the piano more. Things recently worked out where I will be able to have a piano of my own and I plan on starting to practice again in May. 

Your not only a Writer but also a Reader, who's your favourite Author and why? 

Tough question but it would have to be C.S. Lewis. I don't think my childhood would have been the same without The Chronicles of Narnia. 

What's the next book you wish to read? 

I just started The Wheel of Time Series and it's epic! 

Your passion is to live life to the fullest, do you have a list of all the activities you want to have done before you die? If so, what's the next 3 things in your list? If not, what's the next 3 things you want to do. 

I don't have a bucket list written down. I try and take each year as it comes and I plan out the year by months. Each month I try and do something new like archery, skydiving, Krav Maga, etc. 

The next three things I already have planned. I'm doing a 12 mile, 25 obstacle mud run, called the tough mudder, that supports The Wounded Warriors Foundation April 13th. I'm going to start playing the piano again in May and for June I would like to do bull riding but that's still in the beginning stages of discussion. My wife isn't a big fan of the idea. 

You enjoy traveling, what's your favourite country (either one you've visited previously or one you'd like to visit) and why? 

I would love to visit Spain and participate in the running of the bulls, with the little white suit and red handkerchief. That just looks like so much fun and as long as I'm not the slowest one I should be good.  

You seem to do quite a bit of adventurous activities e.g. skydiving, what's your most outrageous activity to date and would you do it again? 

Probably racing my motorcycle at speeds well over one hundred miles an hour. No I would not do that again... We'll maybe if it was a closed course… 

Can you give us a sneak peak into any future projects your currently working on? 

Sure, I'm continuing to work on The Elite Series, I have another novel in the works my wife is begging me to finish with a steampunk setting and fairy tale like influences. I've also been approached to write a book and collaborate on a script for a real events inspired thriller.

Jonathan Yanez


Jonathan Yanez was born and raised in a Christian household in Oxnard, CA. He was involved in everything from piano and saxophone lessons to swimming and track. Growing up his parents encouraged him to read, and he did - anything he could get his hands on. Soon he developed a fascination with storytelling and characters that would follow him the rest of his life. 

Graduating from BIOLA University with his BA in English Literature he never lost his love for writing and creating. He now works part-time as a personal trainer and hopes to one day make the move to writing full-time. 

Other than reading and writing, his passion is living life to the fullest. He loves; spending time with his wife and pets, watching movies, participating in mud runs, traveling, going to the gym and pushing his limits in everything. This desire takes him anywhere from skydiving and motorcycle riding, to surfing in Hawaii and various types of martial arts. He has his eyes set next on archery and running with the bulls in Spain. 

He is married to the love of his life and resides in Southern California with his husky, Daphne and cat, Helen.


The Beast Within

by Jonathan Yanez

Series - The Elite Series #1
Release Date - March 2013
Publisher - Limitless Publishing
Genre - YA Paranormal


Synopsis

Once eighteen-year-old Connor Moore stumbles across an almost human species, he is faced with history’s darkest secret, a daunting future, and a love life he can’t even begin to explain. 

Concealed throughout the pages of time, there has been a powerful race of human-like creatures manipulating mankind. This Elite race is made up of five ruling families, who have obeyed The Law and remained content to keep their identities a mystery. Now after centuries of secrecy, an ancient foe is forcing them out of hiding. 

When a dark-haired mystery woman named Laren crosses Connor’s path his life is turned upside down. Soon Connor is taken on a heart-pounding journey that leads to a startling discovery of who he really is and a daunting future of what he is to become.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring The Beast Within and all the great interview questions.

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.