Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 11 August 2013

A-Z Survey


Jaime from The Perpetual Page-Turner has created a wonderful weekend activity, the A-Z Survey, and has invited all Bloggers that would like to also participate to do so and leave their link in her comments section. Click on the banner above to read Jaime's A-Z survey post, and if you'd like to participate do a post like I've done below and Jaime's done on her blog, and leave a link in Jaime's A-Z Survey post in the comments box so we can all visit your blogs too! 

Author You've Read The Most Books From


Thanks to Jaime I was able to use the Goodreads "Most Read Authors" link, and according to Goodreads my most read Author is Charlaine Harris! Goodreads doesn't have all my read books but I have try to keep it as up to date as I could, but since I have no way to guess any other way I'm going with what Goodreads says.

Addition to Original answer:- was reading through another A-Z Survey and was reminded of my Nancy Drew and Sweet Valley High Days, so theoretically my most read Authors would probably be Francine Pascal with Carolyn Keene a close second. 

Best Sequel Ever 

Currently Reading

Drink of choice while reading

Coke - I know this is terrible but this is the only thing I drink...I know disgusting right?

E-Reader or Physical Book

While I'm starting to love my Nook and ebooks my preference is still Physical Book.

Fictional Character you probably would have dated in High School

When I'm reading my YA novels I don't really think of the leading man as a potential boyfriend because I feel too old LOL so I always think of them as "kids", but my latest swoon is Jordan from Letters to Nowhere by Julie Cross

Glad you gave this book a chance

Hidden Gem Book

Residue by Laury Falter

Addition to original answer: I was reminded of Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink by another blogger, I know I mentioned it below in the "S" question, but I really should add it to "Hidden Gem" too. 

Important Moment in your reading life

Two memorable moments in my reading life, once when I read the Harry Potter Series and then again when I read the Twilight series, both these series got me out of a reading slump which lasted for a few years. I loved reading as a child all through the start of High School but when I left school I didn't read as much...until I read these series', Harry Potter started me back to reading a little bit more, then Twilight got me back to reading heaps more about 4 years later, so for 4 years in between reading the two series I was reading minimal but still reading, which was better than not at all. 

Just Finished 

Kind of Books you won't read 

I'm quite open to all genres, but I tend to not be able to read too much of a Religious novel, and whilst I'm open to reading Erotica, but haven't as yet, I probably wouldn't review it on my blog since I mostly target Young Adult novels, so I don't want under 18s to see such content. 

Longest Book You've Read

I don't know if it's the longest book I've ever read but it certainly felt like it; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson which according to Goodreads has editions of up to 644 pages. I can't recall how many pages my edition was though. 

I've since read Jaime's post and she showed a way where I can find my longest book read that's listed on Goodreads, and the longest book it's listing is Thirst 1 by Christopher Pike, but since this is made up of 2-3 books in one I'll disregard that and go with the second choice which is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak at 584 pages.

Major Book Hangover Because of

I don't really understand what this question is, but from what I think it is, I'd have to say The Twilight Series. 

Number of Bookcases You Own

2 Large sized bookshelves and 2 slimline bookshelves

One Book You've Read Multiple Times

I'm going to exclude books that are part of a series as I tend to re-read series books each time a new book is released eg. if book 4 is released I will re-read books 1-3 prior to reading the newly released book 4, it's just the way I do things.

So the one book that isn't a series that I've read more than once is The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory

Preferred Place To Read

Anywhere relaxing and quiet but I most especially love anywhere by the water eg. next to the beach on a hammock is my ideal place. 

Quote that Inspires You/Gives you all the Feels From a Book You've Read

I couldn't think of any, so I went to a book that I highlighted a lot of quotes from, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: 
"Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."

Reading Regret

Not reading more than I can! There's so many books in my ever growing TBR pile that I wish I had more time to just read, read and read some more! 

Series You Started And Need To Finish

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz, Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink I can go on and on LOL.

Three of Your All Time Favourite Books


Unapologetic Fangirl For

Very Excited For This Release More Than All Others

Requiem by Maggie Stiefvater (Books of Faerie #3)

Worst Bookish Habit

I'm terrible with late returns of library book and eating chocolate whilst reading!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book

Read, Remember, Recommend; Reader's Journal 

Your Latest Book Purchase

Zzz-Snatcher Book (last book that kept you up WAY late) 

49 comments:

Book Bunny said...

I didn't even think about hammock (probably because I don't have one. Bf didn't want one in our apartment but in my mind it's a great idea :D) !! That would definitely be perfect reading place!

I have seen the movie of Ps I love You but have yet to read the book though I know it must be really good because the movie is amazing!

I can tell you a secret... I'm going to read Twilight *blushes* Well, I have to read a series EVERYONE else has read and liked or disliked passionately :D Don't tell anyone! :D (I ordered them already..)

guiltlessreader said...

We move in totally different genres but love seeing everyone's answers! :) I've been thinking about a hammock in the garden ... maybe a good time for me to try this out before the summer ends! Thanks for visiting my blog, Angelica!

kit @bibliotekit said...

I really like that Eleanor & Park quote. I really enjoyed reading through your answers - and it would be nice to be able to read by the beach more often I think, good choice!


I read so many Sweet Valley books when I was growing up, but weirdly I never read any Nancy Drew, despite loving those kind of investigation books as a kid (Famous Five etc).


And I agree, sometimes I find it difficult to picture YA boys as love interests because they're so young compared to me! :)

Eveline @ Eveline's Books said...

Great survey! Thanks for stopping by mine:) Ah, you need to finish the Vampire Academy series, they're such great books. I want a hammock too!

Eveline's Books

Kimberly @ Love YA Books said...

For some reason, the first time I picked up the Harry Potter series I got bored only a couple pages in. Luckily, I picked it up again in middle school and let myself get hooked!


I love Twilight, as well. I know that a lot of people complain about there being too many books released as series in YA, but I don't mind because I love being immersed in those worlds for as long as possible!


And I agree, there are way too many books on my TBR list than I could ever hope to get to in this lifetime...but at least I know that I'll never run out of good books to read! Great answers - and thanks for stopping by!


P.S. - Your layout is very kawaii!

Sharon @ The Book Barbies said...

I love the hypothetical idea of reading in a hammock, but when I used to try to read in my grandparents' hammock years ago, I could never get in a comfortable position! And I may have dumped myself out more than once, LOL. I really should try it again sometime, because I still want it to be as amazing as I envision it!


I have SO MUCH love for that Eleanor & Park quote! ♥


Ahhhh, so envious of all your bookshelf space!


No idea how you started but didn't finish the Vampire Academy series! I devoured the whole series in a week over Christmas break a couple years ago, LOL. I couldn't get enough!


Ohhh, Jellicoe Road. ♥ I'm going to have to reread that one soon! So good!

Nikki @ Foil the PLot said...

I'd say behind Shakespeare, I've read most of the Nancy Drew and Sweet Valley books too! They were childhood favs of mine!


I was an unabashed Twilight fan, but I didn't read the Harry Potter books until after the movies came out. I really wish I could've had that same experience that everyone else who read them did because those books were so good!


I've never read Eleanor & Park but I think i definitely need to. I keep hearing amazing things. Thanks for stopping by, Angelica. I hope to hear more from you! :)

Kate @ whYAnot said...

Love it! Nothing wrong with Coke. I love coke but never drink it. And the quote from Rainbow Rowell... absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Trialiging

TheLostBookReports said...

I just checked out the Most Read Authors tab of GR! Apparently Meg Cabot is my Most Read Author! I drink Coke A LOT too! Glad I am not the only one! Wow... there is SO much we have in common!!!!

Jessica B said...

Haha I don't know that I really know what a book hangover is either, but I love your choice of Twilight :) Twilight fangirl here, too. I like the title of your reading journal. I had fun reading your survey!

Tammy said...

Great list, Angelica! I recently figured out that "book hangover" is when you finish a book that absolutely DESTROYS you (usually in a good way!), in other words you loved it and it was emotionally draining, and you just sit and think about it and can't do anything else for a while:)


Thanks for checking out my survey!

Paperback Princess said...

Nikki how much of the Nancy Drew and SVH series do you think you've read? I feel like I've read heaps but nothing compare to what's actually released.

Paperback Princess said...

Lucky you did re-pick it up Kimberly, I don't think I know one person that dislikes the HP books :) but I sometimes do that, pick up a book, not really love it, then re-read it and love it, I think it's just when in your life you read it.

I also like Twilight, I thought I was a minority…it was cool once to love Twilight LOL

I do like series especially when it's done properly but I don't like it when Authors don't know when there's too many books.

Lauren @ Books, Tea & Me said...

I liked Prophecy of the Sisters, too, when I read it in high school. But then the cover was redesigned for the sequel and, although I bought it, I think I harboured a dislike for it after the new design looked awful and I never actually got to reading the second book. Silly, I know...I will one day.

Nikki @ Foil the PLot said...

This is true, I mean, there were several offshoots of the series. I've definitely read more of the Nancy Drew books than SVH, for sure. Many of the originals as well as the Nancy Drew Files books and also a lot of the ones w/ the Hardy Boys.

Lori said...

I totally agree with your important moments! Harry Potter was the first series I really fell in love with and I never knew I could read so fast before I read the Twilight books. I read all of those bajillion pages in like a week when my sister-in-law lent them to me. So addicting!

Paperback Princess said...

Lori I'm glad I'm not the only Twilight fan still, but these two series' really got me back into reading, hopefully for good this time. I was a huge bookworm as a child through to my teens but early 20s I kinda lost it, these two series' got me back in!

Paperback Princess said...

Lauren I really like the original cover more too, like you I loved book 1 but have yet to read book 2 and 3, I do have it though, one of the many books that I bought years ago and still haven't read :( Let me know when your going to read it and maybe I will read along so we can discuss :D

Paperback Princess said...

Thanks Tammy for the book hangover definition, I had to Google it LOL

Paperback Princess said...

Thanks Jessica, Tammy gave a good definition of book hangover, but I had to Google it to know what it means LOL I told Lori I was glad I wasn't the only Twilight fan, it seems we're not a dying breed after all :D

Paperback Princess said...

OMG I just checked out your blog, and your latest post is Top Ten Tuesday and we also chose the same setting, I think you and I must be blogging twins, following you.


Thanks for visiting!

Paperback Princess said...

Thanks Kate, there was so many fantastic quotes on Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell is such a fantastic writer.


Thanks for stopping by!

Tammy said...

I just recently came across that term too. It's one of those things that book bloggers invented!

Paperback Princess said...

Nikki I just recently got I think Nancy Drew original 1-56 planning to re-read them all :D

Paperback Princess said...

They've got hammocks with their own stands now so you don't have to tie it, much more secure, I used to fall off hammocks too but it can't be beat the feeling of lying on a secure hammock at the beach…ahh bliss!


There are so many fantastic quotes from Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell is really a fantastic writer.


I need more shelf space LOL!


Let me know when your re-reading Jellicoe Road, I'll read along with you so we can discuss :D

Paperback Princess said...

Thanks Eveline, I'm just awaiting to get a breather so I can start reading my personal TBR pile and VA is high on the list especially with the movie coming out soon I want to finish the series.

Paperback Princess said...

Kit I absolutely loved SWH books there was a time in my teens when I was devouring one and a half of those daily LOL


Eleanor & Park was a fantastic book with so many memorable quotes, Rainbow Rowell is truly a fantastic writer!

Paperback Princess said...

As I mentioned above there are now standalone hammocks, more secure ;)


Thanks for visiting right back!

Paperback Princess said...

LOL I have to read series that everyone has read too, despite being a bit behind I still have to read it LOL


PS I Love You, OMG the book was so sad and this is the first book ever that I've cried reading, it was so much sadder than the movie.


My friend had a hammock in his apartment balcony, it's a standalone one with stand that you don't need to hang.


Thanks for stopping by!


PS:- Don't worry there's still a few of us Twilight fans ;)

Kaley Stewart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I have read quite a few of Ahern's books and have enjoyed them all.

Kim McKerracher said...

I have Eleanor and Park but haven't read it yet. I keep hearing that it's so good! And yay for fellow Coke drinkers! :)

Carina Olsen said...

Great list :D Thank you for sharing. <3 loved reading your answers :) I'm hoping to read Born Wicked / Star Cursed soon. <3
Thank you for commenting on my blog. <3
Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

Aimee Morales said...

omg, I love so much Eleanor and Park<3

Jillyn said...

I have been hearing SO MUCH about On The Jellicoe Road but I haven't read it. Seriously, I'm slacking!


Thanks so much for visiting my survey :)

Lisa Loves Lit said...

I forgot about the Sweet Valley High books! I read and loved those too.

Lisa Collins said...

Reading Twilight got me out of my adolescent reading slump. I didn't read very many books as a teenager. I guess I had forgotten how much I loved it. I'm glad I'm reading again, though. (Also, I'm a fangirl for Twilight too. Yay!)

That quote from Eleanor and Park is wonderful! I still haven't read the book. :/

I'm SOOO excited to read Born of Illusion. sajhdfvbfdbn I won it from somewhere. I have no idea where/who. It just showed up at my house one day without any warning and I about died from excitement. Woo hoo!

Paperback Princess said...

Lisa congrats on winning Born of Illusion, I've seen some negative reviews so I think it's something you either like or dislike, but I loved the setting and the whole medium, magician, seances in that time really appealed to me :D I believe I've got a review of Born of Illusion posted up if you want to read it.


It seems that Twilight got a lot of readers out of a reading slump, so I don't really know why so much hate towards it LOL

Paperback Princess said...

Lisa I use to devour these books, I'd read at least one a day.

Paperback Princess said...

Aimee which Rainbow Rowell book do you plan to read next? I'm looking forward to reading Fangirl then after that Attachments.

Paperback Princess said...

Kim…woohoo to a fellow Coke drinker LOL and you must read E&P ASAP it really is fantastic :D

Paperback Princess said...

Kaley which is your favourite?

Lisa Collins said...

Ooo, cool. I'll check that out.

Oh, the Twilight hate. I'm so annoyed by it. Like, people should be allowed to read whatever they want without having to feel ashamed for it or hide it. It's ridiculous, honestly. I just think Twilight has something to offer whether the haters like it or not. *shrugs*

Sorry for the rant. Haha.

Paperback Princess said...

Lisa I actually didn't realise how much Twilight has changed people's lives but reading the surveys a lot of people have mentioned either HP or Twilight or the both has changed their reading life, took them out of a reading slump, so even if the writing isn't the greatest it's done it's job by getting readers to get back into reading, or non-readers into reading.

Kaley Stewart said...

Turns out I've read fewer than I thought! I've just read three. Bad Kaley. I think my favourite is Thanks for the Memories. I have One Hundred Names and A Place Called Here (er, I think?) on my bookshelves, I just haven't read them yet! (And I'm not at home so I can't double check the title of the one, lol) What's your favourite?

Chrystal M said...

You loved The Secret Lives of Dresses too? I totally forgot about it, but I really loved it too. It was such a great surprise or a book. :)

Michelle Laumb said...

Thanks for stopping by my survey! I commented back but will comment here too that YES we should do a read a long of the Secret Circle books! I'm not sure when but definitely before the end of the year! :)

Aimee Morales said...

I already read Attachments and I want to read Fangirl, but I have not find it anywhere. Going to buy via internet maybe.

Jessica said...

Now that you mention it, Carolyn Keene is probably my most read author! I did not even think of the Nancy Drew books.

And I agree about the physical book over an e-reader! I have an kindle, but I still prefer holding an actual book in my hands.
Oh, you have so many bookshelves!

I've been wanting to read Born of Illusion! It sounds really good.

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.